Sunday, March 18, 2012

New Plants!


I'm so excited. We have some new plants in the backyard. In our last two houses, we had beautiful Japanese magnolia trees which bloom right around Morgan's birthday. When we had this house built, we failed to get another tree so FINALLY I bought one and the kiddos planted it for me. I love it.
The other tree was purchased is a hybrid that Morgan really wanted. It's a combo of a peach, apricot and plum. Hopefully, we'll have fruit in a year or two but it's just a baby for now. James was outside without his shirt so Thomas decided to forego his shirt as well. Notice the muscles on the four-year-old. He's growing fast.

I am so looking forward to having these trees thrive in the backyard. The blooms on the Japanese Magnolia are incredible and even more stunning in real life. Next year it should put on even more of a show. Now for the rest of the yard work. Obviously, I have quite a bit more to do as we get the yard in shape for spring and summer activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment