Thursday, March 29, 2012

When I Grow Up, I want to be a Blanket!

Another knitting class and another project. These balls of yarn will someday be combined into a lap blanket. For now, they are a bunch of little squares that are waiting for me to get it together and put them into a small lap blanket. I've been knitting and knitting some simple plain red squares with the crinkly red yarn and have just started knitting some various stitch patterns into the lambswool angora yarn. If all goes as planned, I'll knit the various stitches into squares then eventually sew them all together. Meanwhile, I'm having a great time with the ladies at knitting class. We laugh and talk together while working on our various projects. Our teacher, the amazing Carole Dulitz, is always teaching us something new while we develop our skills with lots of fun projects. I can't say enough good things about the teacher and/or the class. Hopefully, I'll have more to post as this blanket progresses. Next time I'll show a few of the other small projects I have in the works. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment