Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 20-Good Friends and New Life

When you live a remote little town in the middle of California's central valley, your friends that you've known for years are mostly in another city, another state or perhaps even another country.   It makes the quick get togethers for the afternoon a bit challenging to say the least so I'm always delighted when I speak with friends on the phone, interact through facebook, or more rarely get a note in the mail.  The other day I was talking with our sweet friend when she broke the news that she is pregnant for the second time.  I'm so delighted for her and yet feel a bit bittersweet as she lives in a completely different state so I know the visits will be few and far between.  However, today I spoke with another friend on the phone as we made plans to get together soon, and I'm looking forward to an overnight stay with another friend this week-end as well as some family plans.  While you love your family, your friends, the ones near and dear to your heart, are carefully chosen, and missed so very much that getting to see them and spend time with them seems like a gift, planned or unexpected, it's a gift that I'm very thankful for and very much anticipating.

No comments:

Post a Comment