Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3=My faith and church




I love being Catholic and I love my local church-Holy Cross Church in Porterville, CA  These photo depict some of the Stations of the Cross in Russian iconography style.  They are beautiful in the photos but absolutely stunning in real life.  They are also very large pieces of art so these photos barely do them justice.  However, I don't believe the artwork makes the church but rather the people do, the art work just adds to the glory of God.  Thankfully, we are blessed with a fantastic church community that is very welcoming and friendly.  It has been a staple of our lives here.  Morgan sang in the choir for years.  James, Andrew and Thomas all serve as altar servers.  James has served since he was about 7, Andrew started about a year ago and Thomas has been serving for about a month.  Our faith and our church has enriched our lives in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment