Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 6-Little Boys

Today and yesterday I have been cleaning out my little boys bedroom.  Thousands of LEGO later among the broken bits of crayons and pencils and Playmobil and cars and trucks and papers and books and more bits of this and that than you can probably imagine, (unless you are the mother of several boys) I am rejoicing in finding their notes, their creativity, their all out joy in life.   Yes, the messes make me crazy but I am so thankful to have one more chance at raising little ones.  So very, very  thankful that God gifted me with two more little bundles of energy later in my life when I so thought I might never have any more children.  God gifted me not once more in answer to my prayers but twice with two fabulous little boys who brighten my day, reward me with their smiles and a occasional back rub.  They keep me on my toes and focused on the many, many discoveries a couple of little boys can make as they find their way to adulthood.  Their never ending fascination with all the wonders of a little boy-the ice cream truck passing by the house, running for lap after lap in hopes of running a 5K race one day, making every stick into a gun or sword and chasing imaginary dragons and bad guys all over the yard, riding bicycles without training wheels, competing every day for every little bit of attention, every reward and every possibility of winning, putting on costumes and pretending to be saints or heroes or whatever cartoon character strikes their fancy that day.  Seeing the world through their eyes brings me more joy than I could possibly have imagined.  I'm so thankful for the gift of little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment